SASK Haiti Medical & Dental Team

This Saskatchewan based team of 14 members will be traveling to Grand Goave, Haiti to hold a Medical clinic.
This year we have added a dentist who will provide much needed dental care. We also will be taking along some
experienced tradesman who will help with building projects for Haiti ARISE.

We aim to teach the Haitians working along side us so that their skills will in turn serve their own people. We are
grateful to everyone who has donated finances and items of goods to help us fill our many pieces of luggage in
supplying the needs of the clinic.




Monday, March 10, 2014

This is the Day that the Lord has made, I will rejoice in it!

This truly has been a special Sunday in Haiti – we went to church today and when I was returning to my seat after giving offering – here steps my little David out of the pew! Elva,Teresa and I visited my sponsor childs home Saturday afternoon – we took and interpreter with us and away into the village we went to find his home. We soon found his home where he and his gramma live – a brand new house built by a “blanc woman”. Gramma had moved in a year ago – the home was immaculate – lace drapery everywhere, clean floors and full set of bedding including a pillow .
 
We came unannounced but that didn`t stop her from the showing full hospitality by providing seating for all of us. David is nearing 4 years old. He spent the entire visit sitting in my lap with the biggest smile on his face! He definitely knew who I was and called me by name – that was so special. I had brought new church clothes for him along with a new Roughrider shirt and 2 new John Deere tractors and a picture of my family . We asked them to come to church on Sunday but we had no guarantee. So this morning when David came bounding out of the pew I was never so pleased – he sat on my knee for the entire 2 hours – at times cuddling, playing with my necklace or just looking at me – how could you not love a child like this.

David is very healthy and attending school now at Haiti Arise – my sponsorship of $35 per month is so worth it when you   can see the changes and how much better a life he has now from the time I received him as a baby. David will be coming to clinic in the morning for a checkup also.




We went to the beach after lunch – a 15 minute walk no longer through a goat pasture – houses now dot the landscape – “roads”have been named ,cinderblock walls have been erected – the path has changed  over the past year…but the day at the beach was a special one for five of us. 


Today we were baptized in the Haitian waters by our pastors! My life changed  4 years ago here in Haiti when I accepted the Lord under the mango tree with Pastor Marc – I have since continued to return annually to this special country ffor a medical mission and felt  I was now ready for this next step….what a blessed time standing in the caribbean waters! 

We celebrated our special Sunday with a lobster roast and plantain.

A great day was spent by all – lots of rest, visiting and soaking up the sun because next Sunday we will be back in the snowbank! 
Lynnise

5 comments:

  1. So proud of you Sis for going every year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely blog ... Congrats to Teresa and Lynnise on your baptism and a special blessing on each of you as you continue on in your walk with the Lord. What a great experience! Glad to hear that you guys are getting some down time. Make sure that Mom of mine slows down as well...Love you Mom & Dad. Kids would love to see a picture of you guys on here soon as well! :)
    Talked with Grandma yesterday, she is enjoying your blog updates.
    Lots of melting taking place around here the past couple of days. Hoping we are done with the snowfall! Much love and enjoy your last couple of days everyone.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blessing Lynnise and to others that received their baptism in the beautiful warm waters of Haiti. You are there for a great purpose.
    Looks like you are fulfilling that!! Its melting here. Thecoldest day this week is supposed to be tomorrow at -1 degree. Hope it is warm when you get home and it stays awhile so you can be re- aclimitized. Time seems to be going by so fast for you So glad you saw your wee David. Warms your heart when he took to you this time .Im sure. Love from Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mom and Dad Kirstein Love you Lynnise . And God Loves you too. Great to see that you have seen your David and Gramma.
    Blessings to you on your baptism. This is very special. See you soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so incredibly proud of you Mom. I am without words and sitting here with happy tears in my eyes. You are such an amazing women and your selflessness shows through the love you have for David, his grandma and the time you devote to Haiti Arise. I cannot wait for you to come home. Congratulations on your baptism, I truly wish I could have been there. With all my heart - I love you! Talk to you on Thursday <3

    ReplyDelete

INSTRUCTIONS TO LEAVE A COMMENT!!!

Please comment as: Name/URL and fill your name in but leave the URL blank!

Please leave your first and last name as there are many people following this blog! Thanks.

Sorry for the inconvenience, for whatever reason you can not comment from a cell phone!